– Vimec, Eindhoven
Job description summary
The back office engineer has an important role in the day to day support of the sales and service department. She or he will be challenged commercially as well technically coordinating communications and follow up on all kind of customer requests.
Thanks for your interest in our organization!
Vimec is a worldwide system supplier specialized in inspection of pharmaceutical glass packaging. Our young and ambitious team is facing a challenging environment in which innovation will make the difference. The strong growth and professionalization of the organization results in the vacancy of Back Office Engineer.
About the Job
The project sales engineer has an important role in the day to day support of the sales and service department. She or he will be challenged commercially as well technically, coordinating communications and follow up on all kind of customer requests.
In the challenging world of pharmaceutical packaging it is necessary to act quickly with the correct quality. To understand the customer needs and to provide them with the correct information is crucial to your and our success. So, an important part will be creating quotations based on mutual agreed specifications.
Apart from this day-to-day operations some marketing tasks are part of the job, supporting the organization of trade fairs, creating leaflets and newsletter for publicity reasons and adding to the world’s awareness of the Vimec brand.
In this position you will have close contact with Vimec’s customers and with a lot of colleagues within Vimec as well as with the Tiama group. Good communication skills are a precondition.
In this position you report directly to the Sales and Service Director. You are situated at our office in Eindhoven.
Tasks and opportunities
- Commercial support of the sales and service team
- Follow up on requests of customer
- Reviewing technical specifications, contact with the customer and suppliers if needed
- Administration of new orders, change orders and additional specifications. Adapt the ERP and other administrative tools accordingly
- Review internal project and sales order documentation from project team
- Generate and export sales invoices
- Prepare monthly project reports and actuals for monitoring purposes
- Assist in sales and service team planning
- Tasks related to the marketing of Vimec such as trade fair organization
- Activities to increase global brand awareness and Vimec applications publicity
- Other activities of wide variety that could support the sales and service team
- HBO/Bachelor working and thinking level
- Office management or likewise in a commercial / technical environment
- Experience with IT applications like ERP system and MS Office
- Highly developed communication skills
- Accurate and attention for detail
- Affinity for commercial and marketing documentation
- Administrative of sales and service /production process
- Stress resistant
- Structured way of working
- Self-starting, independent and prepared to walk the extra mile
- Able to speak and write in English
One of the most important criteria in the pharmaceutical market is that medicines, such as the Pfizer anti-corona vaccine, are supplied error-free and exactly according to specifications. The excellent condition of the primary packaging is essential and it must be exactly according to requirements. Consequential damage and especially the personal consequences, if those requirements are not met are be disastrous.
The glass packaging inspection systems designed by Vimec have the full confidence of its customers in the 100% correct inspection of this packaging. This trust has been built over more than 30 years and can only be maintained by continuous quality improvements, system innovation and integrating industry 4.0. – data processing applications that increase product quality and production productivity at the customer. Within this challenging environment, you will play an important role together with all your future colleagues.
Vimec is part of Tiama Inspection Worldwide. With a total of about 400 employees with subsidiaries in several countries all over the world, Tiama is specialized in inspection of glass for the molded glass market with customers in food and beverage. the strategic and technological fit of Vimec and Tiama is perfect to tackle the joint challenges and create the future of glass inspection.
What we offer
- Competitive salary
- A culture of growth in an ambitious, international organization
- An open atmosphere, freedom and room for authenticity
- Variable office hours
- Fantastic, skilled, and unique colleagues
- Challenging and innovating environment
- Room for personal growth and development
Are you interested, or know anyone who wants to grow with us? Tell us about your motivation and send your resume to
Acquisition activities to our posted vacancies are not desired; thank you kindly for respecting this.