Thanks for your interest in our organization!
Vimec is a worldwide system supplier specialized in inspection of pharmaceutical glass packaging. Our young and ambitious team is facing a challenging environment in which innovation will make the difference. The strong growth and professionalization of the organization results in the vacancy of Manufacturing Engineer.
About the job
As Manufacturing Engineer, you are responsible for the handover from Engineering to Supply Chain & Production department. You work in close cooperation with design engineers, purchasers, project managers and assembly engineers.
You will make sure that all engineering project data is correctly transferred to the ERP system and prepared for production. Therefore, you will organize production kick-offs, report, and follow up on production issues and improve the manufacturing quality assurance process.
Next to that you will support engineering in checking and generating Bills of Materials (BOM) and production drawings. You are able to make adjustments to mechanical drawings to make the systems fit on the production line. You have an eye for improving the configurability of the systems and their configuration data.
In this position you report directly to the manager operations.
Tasks and opportunities
- Prepare Bill of Material based on sales order specification
- Prepare assembly and electrical drawings for production based on engineering input
- Fit systems on the line mechanically (customization, adjust mechanical drawings)
- Register and maintain project data in ERP and file system.
- Improve configuration management of the systems and the configuration data.
- Assist the purchasing and supply chain team
- Prepare and organize production kick-off (internally or at integrator)
- Assist in production if needed
- Report and monitor production issues and follow up with stakeholders
- Improve quality of manufacturing process
- Maintain, own and follow-up on validation and production issue list (order specific and generic)
- Assist with generating BOM lists for spare part orders
- Technical College / Bachelor work and think level
- Background in mechatronics, mechanics, or logistics
- Experience with ERP systems and excel
- Experience with 3d CAD systems
- Experience with electrical engineering
- Experience with Cogineer
- Experience with configuration management
- Experience with production quality control
- Accurate and attention for detail
- Quality conscious
- Structured way of working
- Good communication skills
- Able to speak and write in English
One of the most important criteria in the pharmaceutical market is that medicines, such as the Pfizer anti-corona vaccine, are supplied error-free and exactly according to specifications. The excellent condition of the primary packaging is essential and it must be exactly according to requirements. Consequential damage and especially the personal consequences, if those requirements are not met are be disastrous.
The glass packaging inspection systems designed by Vimec have the full confidence of its customers in the 100% correct inspection of this packaging. This trust has been built over more than 30 years and can only be maintained by continuous quality improvements, system innovation and integrating industry 4.0. – data processing applications that increase product quality and production productivity at the customer. Within this challenging environment, you will play an important role together with all your future colleagues.
Vimec is part of Tiama Inspection Worldwide. With a total of about 400 employees with subsidiaries in several countries all over the world, Tiama is specialized in inspection of glass for the molded glass market with customers in food and beverage. the strategic and technological fit of Vimec and Tiama is perfect to tackle the joint challenges and create the future of glass inspection.
What we offer
• Competitive salary
• A culture of growth in an ambitious, international organization
• An open atmosphere, freedom and room for authenticity
• Variable office hours
• Fantastic, skilled, and unique colleagues
• Challenging and innovating environment
• Room for personal growth and development
Are you interested, or know anyone who wants to grow with us? Tell us about your motivation and send your resume to
Acquisition activities to our posted vacancies are not desired; thank you kindly for respecting this.