The documentalist is responsible for the user manuals and other technical content of the Vimec inspection machines. In this job, you are in touch with many stake holders within a challenging environment!
About the function
As Documentalist, you are responsible for the user manuals and other mainly technical documentation for our customers. You make sure that the operator and maintenance manual is available after the release as a member of the product development team. If needed, you make customer-specific amendments to existing manuals. The Documentalist should also be capable of composing other technical documents like a functional specification, based on input from specialists.
You gather the required information from the several team members like hardware, software, R&D, and field service engineers. The software applications will be made available for acquiring screenshots and to get insight in the functionality. You can explain clearly the operational and maintenance procedures in English and create instruction drawings based on 3D-drawings. You have knowledge on documentation standards, machine safety and standards like CE.
The documentation should be set up in such a way that the percentage of re-usage and efficiency is maximized. You make sure that reviews are executed, and the documents are properly released.
You are also capable of managing the translation of these documents by our translation partner. In case additional documentation capacity is required, Vimec may make use of external writers. The Vimec Documentalist is capable to cooperate with these external employees and impose the required way of working and documentation standard.
You will be acting in an autonomous way and are able to plan and organize your activities. You are precise, fluent in English in both writing and verbally and capable of understanding quickly technical machines.
In this position you report directly to the manager operations. You are situated at our office in Eindhoven.
Tasks and opportunities
- Creation and amendments of user manuals and other technical documents
- Set up documentation structure for maximized future re-use
- Management of translation of these manuals by external translators
- Cooperation with external documentalists when needed
- MBO+/Bachelor working and thinking level
- Experience with technical writing
- Experience with rendering of 3d images is preferred
- Knowledge of common documentation standards
- Knowledge on machine safety and CE standard is a pre
- Accurate and attention for detail
- Quality conscious
- Able to describe technology in a clear a concise way
- Affinity with technology
- Structured and autonomous way of working
- Good communication skills and cooperative
- Ability to speak and write in English fluently; German is a pre.
What we offer
- Competitive salary
- A culture of growth in an ambitious, international organization
- An open atmosphere, freedom and room for authenticity
- Variable office hours
- Fantastic, skilled, and unique colleagues
- Challenging and innovating environment
- Room for personal growth and development
Are you interested, or know anyone who wants to grow with us ?
Vimec Applied Vision Technology : Présentation | LinkedIn